EcoLur Informational NGO has sent an enquiry to RA Minister of Environment Erik Grigoryan to find out the reason for not publishing the report of the mining companies on the website of the ministry and whether or not the position opinions issued to non-operating mining companies have been annulled? The enquiry says:
“Dear Mr. Minister,
On 22 February 2018, the Armenian Government adopted resolution N 191-N, which says the reports shall include the data of the monitoring carried out by the soil manager on all the natural components of the environment. These reports shall be displayed on the official website of the Ministry. According to the Ministry website (http://www.mnp.am/am/pages/233), the following metallic mining companies have submitted reports for 2018-2019:
- “Teghout” CJSC - second and third quarters for 2018 and the first quarter for 2019.
- “Chaarat Kapan” CJSC (Kapan Ore Dressing Combine CJSC) – second, third and fourth quarters for 2018 and the first and second quarters for 2019.
- “Litchqvaz” CJSC – second, third and fourth quarters for 2018 and for 2018.
- “Lydian Armenia” CJSC - second, third and fourth quarters for 2018.
Nevertheless, according to www.eiti.am website, the number of the companies paying annually 150 million taxes or over is 11, while the total number of metallic mining companies is 23. Based on Article 6 of RA Law “On Freedom of Information”, we are writing to you to receive clarifications to the following questions:
- Whether all the companies have been notified about their commitment on the submission of reports and how the absence of main reports is substantiated?
- As according to Հաշվետվություններ - EITI reports website, the following companies haven’t operated within one year after being issued an expert assessment opinion, thus, whether the positive opinions issued to their EIAs have been annulled in line with Article 20 (6) of RA Law “On Environmental Impact Expert Assessment and Expertise”:
- Opinion N ԲՖ 74 issued to “Baktek Eco” LLC on 19.09.2015 for Arjut gold mining and construction of a plant,
- Opinion N ԲՓ 96 issued to “Tatstone” LLC on 21.12.2015 for Litchq copper mining in Syunik Region.
- Opinion N ԲՓ 60 issued for Litchqaz-Tey gold mining project.
18:16 August 09, 2019