In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Arpa-2" SHPP which is located in the administrative area of Jermuk Community, Vayots Dzor Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Kenger Tributary of the Arpa River, the length of which is 12 km. "Arpa-2" SHPP is operated by "JINJ ARPA" LLC.
· To have automated management and water-meter equipment for online data transmission in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· To equip the entrance of the pipeline with a cellular net to prevent the flow-in of the young fish.
· To equip the transformer with an oil-collecting system to avoid probable leaks of transformer oils.
· To carry out riverbed cleaning and recovery works in the river section used by "Arpa-2" SHPP, as the moment of observation the land was filled into the riverbed, which caused river pollution with a dark-brown coloring.
· Recovery /reclaiming/ works shall be carried out for violated or distorted landscapes (which were present in the areas of laying new roads, in the sections of constructing a water intake section and a four-kilometer-long pipeline), as the abovementioned promoted generation of landslide phenomena, if needed, anti-landslide measures should also be taken.
· To carry out reforestation measures instead of the felled down trees in the forest areas as set by the Armenian Legislation (double-number tree felling, tree care for 3 years), as, under the project, 442 trees were planned to be cut down (out of which 317 were oak trees, 75 willows etc), which hadn't actually been carried out.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
19:40 February 20, 2018