EcoLur has sent an enquiry to Sevan Trout Reserve Recovery and Fish Breeding Development Foundation to find out what kind of impact “Complex Program for Recovery of Trout Reserves and Fish Breeding in Lake Sevan” has on Lake Sevan and what kind of environmental measures the Foundation has taken with the funds made as a result of project implementation. The inquiry says:
1. How much money has Sevan Trout Reserve Recovery and Fish Breeding Development Foundation received in the whole duration of the implementation of “Complex Program for Recovery of Trout Reserves and Fish Breeding in Lake Sevan” and what kind of environmental measures have been taken for Lake Sevan?
2. We would like to ask to provide us with the findings of the research carried out by the monitoring council, particularly in terms of water quality, pollution and fish diseases. If the findings are published, please, provide us with the electronic references.
3. How many cage nets have been installed in Lake Sevan so far and how many tons of fish are kept there? Whether it is planned to increase the number of cage nets in 2018? If yes, how many?
4. Whether research has been carried out on water quality, pollution and fish diseases in the project implementation lifetime? If yes, please present the results.
5.What kind of measures are taken to eliminate or prevent the organic and chemical pollution caused by cage net enterprises?
6. What kind of medical treatment is planned in case of fish diseases, and whether these medications contain antibiotics?
7. Whether fish escape cases out of cage nets have been recorded? If yes, how much fish has escaped?
8. How much fish has been let out into Lake Sevan in 2017?
9. What kind of forage is given to the fish kept in the cage nets and what is the percentage of nitrogen and phosphorus in them?
10. In which stage is the construction of selective economy by 'Sevan Trout' CJSC? Whether the young fish grown in this enterprise have been let out into Lake Sevan?
19:47 February 05, 2018