Lake Sevan Preservation Commitee of NAS RA discussed the conditions for eliminated the SHPPs constructed on the rivers flowing into Lake Sevan, as Committee Chairman Yuri Javadyan said at the meeting of RA NAS Presidium presenting the final report of the committee for 2015. In 2015 the committe particularly discussed the following questions:
• Oil and gas prospecting claim submitted by 'Blackstairs Energy Armenia' LLC,
• EIA of 'Sevan Trout Breeding Cage Net Economy'
• Problem of collecting Sotq open gold pit wastes
• The problem of SHPPs constructed on the rivers flowing into Lake Sevan and their elimination conditions
• Measures aiming at preventing adversary effect on water quality because of deforestation and waste remainders in the flooded areas of Lake Sevan catchment basin.
The committee has issued a negative opinion to the prospecting claim of gold-bearing section in Kuti, Gehgarkounik Region and the EIA of Jili mine.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting reforms in the sector of small hydro power plants through enabling a dialogue between civil society and the Ministry of Nature Protection for sustainable use of river ecosystems” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
14:23 February 09, 2016