In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Zor-Zor HPP-2" SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Vaghatin Community, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Vaghud Tributary to the Vorotan River, the length of which is 12 km. "Zor-Zor HPP-2" SHPP is operated by "Energodzor" LLC.
• It's necessary to completely reconstruct the water intake section to ensure natural flow in the riverbed and natural migration of the fish, as well as to ensure the water amount set for environmental flow, 30 l/s, free of obstacles for irrigation and other water intakes required for HPP,
• Taking into consideration the water demand for irrigation purposes and insufficient environmental flow in the river (the riverbed was dry in some places and water intake for irrigation purposes was carried out above the HPP for the land areas of Aghitu, Noravan, Vaghatni, and Vorotan communities) it's necessary to review hydroeconomic estimates, as the SHPP ensures 90kW capacity instead of factual 140 kW projected capacity, while maximum 150 l/s water is used instead of the set water amount of 250 l/s, the SHPP operation is stopped in the irrigation season or maximum 30 l/s water amount is used.
• To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
• To re-equip the SHPP with technically more efficient aggregates, which will have entirely automated management system and operate with less water amount.
• To equip the transformers with the oil-collecting system.
• To carry out greening of the area.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:01 January 18, 2018