In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Sahakyan SHPP-1" SHPP, which is located in the administrative areas of Urasar and Pushkino Communities, Lori Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Chqnagh Tributary to the Dzoraget River and left-wing tributary to the Chqnagh – Deghin tributary, the length of the Chqnagh Tributary is 28 km. "Sahakyan SHPP-1" SHPP is operated by "StekEnergo" CJSC.
- To equip water intake and environmental flow sections with water-meter equipment with online data transmission systems.
- To have water-meter equipment sealed by relevant water basin territorial management unit of Department for Water Resources of RA Nature Protection Ministry.
- To re-equip the SHPP with technically more efficient aggregates, which will have an entirely automated management system and operate will less amount of water.
- To increase the functionality of the fish passway decreasing the general height as compared with the dam and the height of the stairs.
- To equip the transformers with an oil-collecting system.
- To regularly organize the removal of wastes and construction garbage.
Head section of Chqnagh River
Head section of Deghin River
"Sahakyan 2" SHPP head section
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:16 October 04, 2017