In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Meghri-1" SHPP which is located in the administrative area of Lehvaz residential area, Meghri Community, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Meghri River, the length of which is 85 km. “Meghri-1" SHPP is operated by “ Green Power" LLC.
1. Taking into consideration the fact that the first part of the fish passway doesn’t ensure the passage of the fish at all, it needs reconstruction. Another 5-6 stairs need to be constructed making the length of the fish passway not less than 20 meter long with 14-15 stairs, while the height of each stair shall make up 20-25 cm.
2. To equip the entrance of the pressure pipeline with cellular net to prevent the flow-in of the young fish.
3. To have water-meter equipment for online data in the head section and environmental flow section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
4. To propose the company to carry out greening and land reclaiming works in the area of the station, which are laid down in the project and in the EIA report.
5. The company operating the SHPP shall proceed to the collection of industrial and household garbage in the station area, as well as in the river area adjacent to the dam, as well as to the cleaning of sediment load.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
13:15 June 06, 2018