In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Mane" SHPP which is located in the administrative area Gorayq Community, Syunik Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the upper reach of the Vorotan River, the length of which is 178 km. "Mane" SHPP is operated by "KAYURHEK" LLC.
· The water intake section should be reconstructed for the free-of-obstacle movement of the fish and the preservation of the river ecosystem so as to have the environmental flow of 300 l\s in all the seasons of the year irregardless of the water intake needed for the SHPP and the water usage regime (at the moment of observation, the environmental flow was not ensured, furthermore, the river was dry in some places).
· To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed by the competent body of RA Nature Protection Ministry in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
· To re-equip the SHPP with the aggregates having more technical efficiency, which will have entirely automated management system and will work with less water amount.
· To equip the transformer with an oil-collecting system.
· Sufficient greening and improvement measures should be carried out in the area of the station.
· To plan a waterproof well for the discharge of the wastewater or a mini cleaning station.
· The open metallic water hole should be closed to ensure the safety of the people and wild animals, as well as to ensure natural appearance of the landscape or to have it underground and to recover the landscape to its former appearance to prevent landslide and stone falling.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:17 April 18, 2018