In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited " Katchatchkut " SHPP, which is located in the administrative area of Katchatchkut Community, Lori Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Katchatchkut Tributary to the Debed River, the length of which is 11 km. "Katchatchkut" SHPP is operated by "VAN AL NK" LLC.
1. To reconstruct the water intake section and to regulate the yields so as to direct water into the river and not the pipeline in case the SHPP doesn't operate.
2. To have water-meter equipment sealed by relevant water basin territorial management unit of Department for Water Resources of RA Nature Protection Ministry.
3. To equip water-intake section with automated management, online supervision systems, and water-measuring devices sealed by the relevant body of RA Nature Protection Ministry, which will enable to regulate and control the water amount used by the SHPP and the amount of the set environmental flow.
4. To re-equip the SHPP with aggregates, which will operate will less amount of water and will ensure higher economic profitability.
5. To equip the entrance part of the pipeline with a network with finer bars so as to prevent the flow of the small fish into the pipeline.
6. To carry out sufficient greening.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
17:04 September 22, 2017