In the frames of "Supporting New Reforms in SHPP Sector through CSO-Government Dialogue" project, the expert group visited "Jermuk-1" SHPP which is located in the administrative area of Sarnakunq residential area of Jermuk Community, Vayots Dzor Region, Armenia. The SHPP is constructed on the Arpa River, the length of which is 128 km. "Jermuk-1" SHPP is operated by "Jermuk Turboshin" LLC.
• To carry out rehabilitation works in the water intake section so as to ensure sufficient conditions irregardless of SHPP water intake and water regime in the river for prioritized passage of 960l/s, as the set environmental flow was not ensured at the moment of observation. To ensure the passage of the environmental flow through a relevant technical construction below the water intake section.
• To have water-meter equipment for online data transmission sealed by the competent body of RA Nature Protection Ministry in the head section, through which the online transmission data will be ensured, as well as the water amount used by the SHPP and control and supervision of the environmental flow.
• To re-equip the SHPP with the aggregates having more technical efficiency, which will have entirely automated management system and will work with less water amount.
• To equip the transformer with an oil-collecting system.
• Sufficient greening and improvement measures should be carried out in the area of the station.
• To plan a waterproof well for the discharge of the wastewater or a mini cleaning station.
• As Jermuk Town is a tourist and resort town, all surface pipelines should be made underground and the areas should be reclaimed recovering the previous state.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:12 April 09, 2018