RA Ministry for Energy Infrastructures and Natural Resources has put into circulation the draft protocol resolution of the Armenian Government on 'Approving Action Plan Ensuring Provisions of Hydropower Development Concept in the Republic of Armenia'.
The action plan includes 16 measures, including measures developed by the Expert Group of Expert Group of "Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue" project, which are as follows:
• Development of RA draft law 'On Making Amendments and Supplements to RA Law 'On Environmental Impact Assessment and Expertise' for more efficient use of water resources and supervision of environmental flow,
• Development of the draft governmental resolution 'On Approving Form of SHPP Environmental Passports and Issuing Procedure' for the operation of SHPPs in line with environmental standards and requirements,
• Making a supplement to the Governmental Resolution N 519-N dated on 7 March 2013 to ensure environmental supervision in SHPP construction and operation stages,
• Development of the draft governmental resolution 'On Methodology of Determining River Load Extent' to improve river preservation,
• Development of RA draft law 'On Making Amendments and Supplements to RA Water Code, inclusion of the requirement on specification of the water usage permit and installation of water registration system for the water intake after SHPP,
• Modernization of water-measuring observation site equipment for the accessibility of hydrological data and quality assurance.
The material was developed in the frames of “Supporting new reforms in SHPP sector through CSO-government dialogue” supported by UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme".
18:36 May 26, 2017